Photos from The Legal Education Foundation’s recent Reception held in Glasgow.
- the Bailie, Russell Robertson, representing the Lord Provost of the City of Glasgow;
- the Solicitor General for Scotland, Alison Di Rollo; and
- the Chief Executive, Moira Deeney, and President, Ron MacKenna, of the Glasgow Bar Association.
TLEF Chair of Governors, Guy Beringer, makes the welcoming address.
Bailie, Russell Robertson, replies on behalf of the Lord Provost of the City of Glasgow.
The purpose of the event was to showcase some of the projects the Foundation has supported since its inception in 2013 and to invite proposals for grants in its forthcoming grant round from Scottish organisations.
Justice First Fellowship
The scheme was represented by Deidre (Dee) Flanigan, Irzum Mahmood (who both qualified at Govan Law Centre), Farida Elfallah (qualified this year at LSA), Jenna Hall (in her 2nd year at Clan Childlaw), Laura Brennan and Sally Mair (in their first year at Govan Law Centre). Karolina Rychlicka (in her first year at Just for Kids) also attended in her role with Just for Kids.
Organisations attending included:
- Clan Childlaw
- Govan Law Centre
- Human Rights Consortium of Scotland with SULNE
- Human Rights Consortium (Northern Ireland)
- Just for Kids Law
- JustRight Scotland
- Legal Services Agency
- Maternity Action
- Mental Welfare Commission for Scotland
- Scottish Refugee Council
- SEAP (Support, Empower, Advocate, Promote)
- The Law Society of Scotland
Thank you Glasgow for your warm welcome.